Quit Smoking Cold Turkey

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Mike. I am 45 years old and I had been smoking cigarettes from age 15. Until recently I was happy and didn’t have any major problems regarding my health that can be related to smoking. My close friend just got lung cancer and with me by his side we went to doctor.
Thursday, February 18, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Quitting Smoking Side Effects

Just a moment ago, my youngest son, Ben, asked me how I stopped smoking so out of the blue. He doesn’t remember the things I went through. I read about the side effects of smoking and really didn’t believe that Nicotine withdrawal will impact on me so seriously. Now, because I know what I went through, I want to educate everybody about problems that they are going to encounter. So, if you really want to quit smoking cold turkey, you need to be aware of the problems that you are probably going to encounter in your journey. Remember one thing, you have a choice, you have all power that you need to decide if you are going to live a life of your dreams. Are you going to enjoy health and prosperity, or are you going to enjoy them even more?


For a start, I want to talk a little about Nicotine and what kind of effects it has on human body. Nicotine is a drug. When you inhale smoke, you get Nicotine in your lungs. From there it is bonded with blood cells and by blood stream it is transferred through your whole organism. There are two biggest problems with Nicotine. In order to understand quit smoking side effects I need to explain them to you. So, the first problem is that Nicotine replaces Oxygen spots in your blood cells, so because of It, you are getting less oxygen in your body and getting more poison. The second problem happens when Nicotine comes to your brain. Brain recognizes Nicotine as a natural body product and it produces better and faster connection in your neurons. That basically means that your brain sees Nicotine as euphoric drug, and it creates sensation of some kind of happiness. Of course, that it’s a false feeling. Now, I will tell you what side effects you may have.


You will encounter 2 types of sensations- physical and mental. Don’t get me wrong, but you can solve all problems with your mind. If you really decide to quit smoking cold turkey, nothing will stop you. But still, I want to tell you a little more about the addictions. Both addictions result in some kind of annoyance. And they can be divided in two groups. Some of them last first couple of days (1-3), while others last a couple of weeks (1-3). You can easily encounter dizziness. I have already explained what you should do, so for that info go a couple of pages back and read. You will encounter many more problems. Usually, they are: depression, irritability, headaches, feelings of impatience, frustration and anger, constipation and gas, cough, dry mouth, nasal drip and sore throat, anxiety and many more problems. Now, if you really want to quit smoking cold turkey, all these quit smoking side effects will be minor to you.


There are many things that you can do in order to minimize these transient problems that you have. In the previous post I talked about things you can do, so go back and read it for more info. I can only hope that you find my research helpful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment