Quit Smoking Cold Turkey

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Mike. I am 45 years old and I had been smoking cigarettes from age 15. Until recently I was happy and didn’t have any major problems regarding my health that can be related to smoking. My close friend just got lung cancer and with me by his side we went to doctor.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Quit Smoking Cold Turkey: Additional Resources


We have already established that smoking is just a habit. And many possible reasons why you chose to do it. And what you should do in order to change that. Now, I want to talk about additional resource that can help you in your life path. By that, I mean all things that can help you in your way of quitting smoking cold turkey. I will share my experience with many different products that I took and I will tell you the results that I had. But be aware, I am only sharing my own story, and it’s quite possible that things that were bad for me, may work for you. So on the recommendation of my wife I went to the market and bought healthy filter for cigarettes. It worked well, but the main problem wasn’t its efficiency. The problem was that I enjoyed smoking. Although I knew it was a bad habit, I still loved it.


And that filter was killing my pleasure. After 10 smokes I trashed that shit. I was angry at the sales manager for providing me with the stupid crap that was minimizing my fulfillment with every smoke I inhaled. So I went to see a psychiatrist. And after a couple of sessions I found what the problem was. It was the association with cigarettes that I had in my mind. I found that I was free while I smoked! Now, when I write this, it sounds hilarious. So I went to a hypnotist and asked for help. So he hypnotized me. After I woke up, I knew that nothing changed. I don’t really believe in hypnosis, so I started to chat with the dude.


I found many useful things that ultimately changed my standing ground about smoking. So how does hypnosis work? I have no clue. But I know that every human has his own perception of reality. If you are like me, now, you are asking what the F. that means? Well, it means that all the actions that you do result in your beliefs about the world. So, actually I know what I needed to do. I needed to change my beliefs about smoking. And when I changed my view and the stand point on cigarettes, everything changed. I don’t want to smoke anymore. Yea, the change wasn’t easy, I had crises, but with simple techniques of this dude, and a couple of mine, I managed to quit smoking cold turkey.


Now, by additional resources, what do I mean? All resources that you need are inside you. You really don’t need anything more. Nicotine patches and gums, these are all crap. Because that stuff only hide your desire for pleasure. That stuff doesn’t really give you any cure. It only masks your problem. And I don’t want those kinds of results. Because of that, there are many people that went back to smoking. They didn’t manage their emotions about smoking, they just hid them with some help. I hope that this is useful to you, as it was to me, when I first heard this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment