Quit Smoking Cold Turkey

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Mike. I am 45 years old and I had been smoking cigarettes from age 15. Until recently I was happy and didn’t have any major problems regarding my health that can be related to smoking. My close friend just got lung cancer and with me by his side we went to doctor.
Saturday, February 13, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Habit Management

So smoking is just a nasty habit. You need to change everything in order to change yourself. I will give you some basic things that can help you so you can do it easier than I did it. First, it is important to make a decision to quit. Stop everything, sit down, take a piece of paper and a calendar, write all reasons why you are quitting smoking and circle that date on the calendar.


Next, take all cigarettes that you have in the house, in your car, in all places that are your usual places of living, and trash them all. Even the lighters. The best thing would be to walk a couple of streets and throw them in a dumpster. You should start exercising regularly, and by that I mean that every morning you should wake up in the same healthy time from 7 to 9 and start your day with some 15 min workout. I strongly recommend 5 Tiberians workout, but if those exercises are too simple for you, you should go to a nearby gym and start some serious working out!


Be aware of your need for cigars. When it strikes, you should go and chill out, walk, or go jogging. The best way to minimize this is by staying busy all the time, so if you don’t have some hobby, I strongly recommend that you should find one!


The worst time is when you get an urge to smoke. So our goal is to minimize that. One of the tricks is to always get busy. So beside the workout, you need to make your mind busy with something. I don’t mean to go watch TV or something similar. I mean to find some kind of hobby. Go do some modelling, or buy a pet, or go socialize, organize some house parties, just take your life in your hands and enjoy it.



There will be times, when the urge is so strong that you think you are going to puke if you don’t take a smoke. Well, the good stuff is the additional recourses that can help you to mimic nasty habit but with more healthy results. We will discuss that in our next chapters. For now, just enjoy your healthy breath, enjoy your commitment, and enjoy being you. If you find yourself in distress, just don’t forget- drink water, do some workout, go chill out, go for long walks, or anything else, really, as long as it keeps your mind busy. I hope this helps you as it helped me! See yaa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment