Quit Smoking Cold Turkey

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Mike. I am 45 years old and I had been smoking cigarettes from age 15. Until recently I was happy and didn’t have any major problems regarding my health that can be related to smoking. My close friend just got lung cancer and with me by his side we went to doctor.
Monday, February 15, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Habit Management: Exploration

Hi Guys! I wanted to share some more stuff. So here I am. My only goal is to explain what powers habits contain. It’s been here all your life. In order to change your life, and quit smoking cold turkey, you really need to be aware of your habits. You need to find out if they have good and healthy impact on your life, and if they don’t, what actions you need to take in order to change them! I have already told you what you need to do. Now, I will tell you why. Human mind is a slave of habits. Stop, and think about

your whole life. Think about what you are doing right now. What you did 5 years ago… In order for that action to become part of you, it needs to become a habit. Daily routine or weekly routine… So Humans are operating in that order. What is that fact telling you right now? Every action that stuck around with you is a habit. So in order to change some unhealthy habits you need to replace them with the good ones that you like.

One of the best tools that helped me the most is one type of hypnosis. While all hypnotists are going to tell you that every hypnosis works, I don’t share their beliefs. But I do know one thing- how you can use part of hypnosis to help yourselves and structure some of your own beliefs. Let me explain. Right now, you have an inner monologue with yourself. Every action that you take in your life is guided by beliefs that you have about the world, about yourself, about others…about everything. And as a result of those beliefs you got a monologue that is guiding your actions. The best thing that I found about this matter you can find here, right now. Feel free to enjoy every aspect of it.

So, by this I mean that somebody, somehow told you, consciously or unconsciously, that cigarettes are all that you think they are. Maybe you see them as a stress relief, or maybe you see smoking as freedom. Or, as a result of media, you got an idea that by smoking you are the man. It’s something that you need to figure out. You need to find what courses your habits that result in smoking cigarettes. Right now, quitting smoking cold turkey means that you need to find this out. For now, this is it. I will soon try to answer what core beliefs you need to acknowledge in order to speed up the process. I hope that this helps. See you soon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment