Quit Smoking Cold Turkey

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Mike. I am 45 years old and I had been smoking cigarettes from age 15. Until recently I was happy and didn’t have any major problems regarding my health that can be related to smoking. My close friend just got lung cancer and with me by his side we went to doctor.
Thursday, December 24, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Cigarette

Well, I started this shit so many more people can benefit from my research. I have no interest in double-crossing you, like most products do. I am all about honesty and I want you to decide for yourself if you like my way. Actually through my life, I have figured out that the best motto for me was MY WAY or THE HIGHWAY. It makes me, and it HAS helped in many ways. So I want to talk about cigarette industry and what they want you to believe in. If you really want to quit smoking cold turkey, you need to know as much as you can about what they do with commercials and marketing stuff that have negative influence on you.

First I want you to ask yourself what you want. Do you really want to quit? Why? I started this because on my way I found something strange. The more I read about smoking and quitting, the more confused became. I have read many articles by different types of people and their reasons for quitting smoking cold turkey. I was even more confused. All that didn’t help me to stop smoking- it has only made me more fucked up. So when I started to ask myself WHY? And what I really want? And what do cigarettes mean for me? What do they symbolize? Then, only then it started to make sense. For me a cigarette was associated with a couple of things.The first one was rebellion. I took my first smoke as a teenager. It was a symbol of rebellion, of freedom, even manhood. 

It meant for me much more than a simple cigarette. It symbolized all that I was, It was my own affirmation of the world, all that I stood for. It was my identity. So now, I asked myself DO I really need something that makes me sick to symbolize m? Do I really? Of course not, but before this research I had never before seen this from this angel. Now I was aware of my state, and aware of what I subconsciously made in my mind- that a cigarette stood for something much more that just a stupid poison. The even bigger shit is that I didn’t do that. The media, the Industry, commercials did that shit. Next time when you see a commercial, take your time, watch it carefully, and see what they are trying to tell you in deeper sense. In my next article I will try in more detail to explain what I mean. For now let’s get back to my associations.

So when I am aware of the negative influence those cigarettes have in my mind, I can start to change that shit. For a start, I redefined what makes me a man, and this surely isn’t cigarettes. I have no privacy to share too much personal information about which I made my list. I just am suggesting that you should make your own list. What defines you as a person? Write one essay about yourself. What are your hobbies? What are your qualities? Who are you? Then you can see if there is any fucked up shit on that list. I had cigarettes. So I am in control of my emotions, and I don’t need some stupid madafuckers to tell me who I am. I am all I can be, and I choose to live healthy. For me it was as simple as that. All the shit that they tell you to do, all scams of programs that sell you fog. You don’t need that. You are better than that. All you need is you, and the clear vision of what you really want. Think about it guys. See you soon…

0 comments:

Post a Comment