Quit Smoking Cold Turkey

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Mike. I am 45 years old and I had been smoking cigarettes from age 15. Until recently I was happy and didn’t have any major problems regarding my health that can be related to smoking. My close friend just got lung cancer and with me by his side we went to doctor.
Thursday, December 3, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Smoking facts


Hi! My name is Mike. I am 45 years old and I had been smoking cigarettes from age 15. Until recently I was happy and didn’t have any major problems regarding my health that can be related to smoking. My close friend just got lung cancer and with me by his side we went to doctor. There I heard all facts and main information’s about smoking that I didn’t know. It scared me like hell. Later that day I started to browse Internet for informations about this matter. Now, I want to share best informations that I founded so I can help other people that have same problem as I had earleer. I went to tons of programs and searched internet for about 2 years. I can say that 99% of them are crap and scames. Becouse of that I will share my journey for LIFE, as I call it, and I will tell you guys my story. But, first I want to tell you all smoking facts that are necessary if you really want to quit smoking cold turkey.


OK, first some basic smoking facts:


Did you know that smoking is the most source of preventable premature mortality in the world? In USA smoking related disease cause 400.000-440.000 deaths each year. So while you enjoy smoking you are killing yourself by your own will. A study showed that one cigarette have over 4800 chemicals, from witch 69 cause cancer! So by only one smoke, you are exposing yourself to deadly chemicals by your own will and satisfaction. I have 2 kids, when I heard this facts my first reaction was regarding them. I ask myself what example I am setting to them. Back then I was smoker, then I browsed Internet for smoking facts regarding teens. I founded this.


Did you know that every day 3000 children’s smoke their first smoke. Over 3 million teens are smokers. Usually age when they start is 16. This and much more things really got me thinking. I was even more scared, for myself, for my family, for my friends. According to one survey, teenagers who are smokers were: Three times more likely to use alcohol. 22 times more likely to use Cocaine. And eight times more likely to smoke marijuana. Kids who smokes have decrease psihical fittnes and shortige of breath. So I started thinking again. So who is protecting me, protecting my family. Cigarete industry isn’t that doing for sure. As always that job is in my hand. Now, I know that my life is only in my hands and because of this and more shocking facts I started thinking how to quit smoking. As everything I did in my life, I do it radically, so for me only really way was to quit smoking cold turkey. That and the fact that I tried everything else. Besides quit smoking cold turkey I founded only one good program that really helped me. My brother has PhD in Psychology so I consulted with him about that program and it really helped me to overcome smoking habits.


I want to share some more smoking facts, so you get better picture of your actual road to self destruction. Deaths of all type of cancer are 34% higher for smokers. The Coalition of Accountability says that cigar smokers are 3.6 times more likely than nonsmokers to die from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. This and much more info really shake my world. Do I want to risk my beautiful life for some addiction? Do I want to risk my family? I was more and more in dilemma. Then I looked for some benefits of quitting smoking. I really was shaken by my best friend’s lung problems, and I had reality check. What am I doing? I am better than that. I never believe in destiny. For me Destiny is what you create for yourself. Now, as I fully see my creation, I knew that change is coming. I just hope that all the things that I went thro will help some other people to get on good life path and to life the life of your dreams. So now, I only can say, that the only program that really helped me, beside my own wiliness to change, was this one. Enjoy world and we will speak more soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment